Oct 1, 2014

Proverbs 31: Reflections Through October Day 1

It occurred to me today that October has 31 days and Proverbs 31 has 31 verses. What better way to head into this season of change than to reflect on one of those verses every day during this next month! Won't you join me?

Proverbs 31
Day 1, Verse 1
"The sayings of King Lemuel—an inspired utterance his mother taught him."

Who was King Lemuel? Scholars guess it's probably Solomon. His name means "devoted to God."

Here this mothers: even kings need to be taught. Jesus Himself needed to be taught! You may have dedicated your littles at church, they may go every Sunday with you. But what are they learning from you, mom? 

King Lemuel didn't just have an idea of what his mama told him, they were attributed to being his own sayings; things he believed in! They weren't just his moms opinions. We can have opinions all day long, but we live what we believe. 

Our kids are ripe soil for anything to grow. So much potential! So much care goes into tending our tender ones. We don't grow into our destiny because it's written in the stars; it's not by happenstance. There are seeds that need to be planted along the way in our lives so we grow into the fullness of all that God desires us to be.

Whether we know it or not our kids are watching, listening, waiting for inspiration from our lives to flood into theirs. Who or what inspires you as a mom? I guarantee it will flow out of your life into theirs, for better or for worse. 

Pray this with me: God make me aware of my influence as a mom. Give me the grace to live wholly inspired by Your great love for me. May my life be flooded by your mercy so I may have mercy to give. Teach me how to teach the children you have entrusted to my care. Give me wisdom to tend your lambs. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment